Custody Support Plan
This series of questions is a way to start a plan for what to do if you are taken into custody by the local or federal police for a period of time. Answer each question with as much detail as you can.
- Are you trans or nonbinary? Take a look at the Multnomah County policy for transgender people: https://www.prearesourcecenter.org/sites/default/files/library/multnomahcountylgbti.pdf
- What do you and your supporters need to know about this policy in order for you to be safe while in custody? Have you legally changed your name and gender? If not, what legal name will you be booked under?
- Do you take daily medicines? What are they? What is the plan for getting them to the jail and making sure you get them?
- Do you have any specific medical conditions like diabetes, epilepsy, depression, etc that the jail needs to know about? Do you want the jail to know about your specific conditions? If yes, what is your plan for letting this be known?
- Who do you want the jail and your lawyer to notify if an emergency situation comes up?
- Do you have children, pets, plants, family or friends that need taken care of while you are inside? What kind of care do they need? Be specific — how often do they need help, when, what do they need
- Who has a spare key to your house?
- What bills do you pay and when are they due? How will these be paid and who will pay them? (Do you need to give money to someone now?)
- Who has a spare key to your car/bike lock and can move it somewhere safe if needed? Where should it be moved to?
- Who has contact info for your work? What do you want your work told? Who will contact your work?
- Who in your family should be contacted? What do you want them to know? Who has contact info for them? Who can communicate with them?
- Which of your friends should be contacted? What do you want them to know? Who has contact info for them? Who can communicate with them?
- Who will contact the GDC when you need money in your jail account or on your phone account?
- Who can call you regularly?
- Who can write to you regularly?